2 cans (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp. vegetable broth or water
¾ cup diced sweet onion
3 medium garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
¾ tsp. dried oregano
½ tsp. fine sea salt, or to taste
Sauté the onion and garlic with broth/water along with a pinch of salt, for about 5 to 6 minutes until softened. Stir in the black beans, chili powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt. Cook for a few more minutes until heated throughout.
FIRST LAYER: rice or quinoa 1-2 cups brown rice, jasmine rice, or quinoa (use rice cooker or Instapot for quick prep) Optional: add lime juice and cilantro after cooking.
SECOND LAYER: pinto, kidney, or black beans (seasoned black bean recipe below)
THIRD LAYER: choice of veggies Organic corn Sautéed peppers and onions Roasted sweet potatoes or butternut squash cubes
Green or red onion, chopped
Grape tomatoes, sliced
Fresh cilantro, chopped
Dairy-free sour cream (ask us for the recipe)
Layer, toss, top, and enjoy.
Makes 4-6 bowls.
This recipe is from our Shred Guide for those who participate in our Shred10 program. If you would like to know more about our programs, please reach out to the person who invited you our page. If you wandered here on your own, just contact us and we will be glad to help you!
1 cup uncooked black rice
1 cup shelled edamame, thawed
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 can (8 oz.) pineapple, chopped (reserve the juice to use below)
2 green onions, finely chopped
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
1 ½ Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. pineapple juice
½ Tbsp. Braggs liquid aminos
2 tsp. honey
1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup olive oil
Salt to taste
1. Cook rice according to package. Place the rice in a large bowl to cool.
2. Add the edamame, pepper, pineapple, green onions, and cilantro to the bowl.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the rice wine vinegar, pineapple juice, aminos, honey or agave, ginger, and garlic.
4. Whisking constantly, add the olive oil in a slow steady stream. Add a pinch of salt if desired. Pour over salad until it is well coated.
Makes 4-6 servings.
This recipe is from our Shred Guide which is free for those who participate in our Shred10 Program. We invite you to learn more about this program and what it can do for you. Reach out to the person who invited you to visit our site. If you wandered here on your own, please feel free to contact us directly.
2 Tbsp. coconut oil or vegetable broth
1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
1 large onion, chopped (approx. 1+ cups)
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups vegetable broth
½ cup water
½ tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. cinnamon
Salt & pepper to taste
Garnish: sliced almonds, a dash of turmeric, and red pepper flakes
1. Heat oil/broth in a large pot. Add onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and a pinch of salt. Sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
2. Add cauliflower, broth, water, spices, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
3. Lower heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, until cauliflower is fork-tender.
4. Transfer ingredients to a blender, small batches at a time. Blend until perfectly smooth. You can also use an immersion blender and puree the soup in the pot.
5. Add more salt or seasonings to taste. Serve with an extra garnish of turmeric, sliced almonds, and red pepper flakes.
Makes 4-6 servings.
This recipe is from our Shred10 Guidebook which is free for those who participate in our Shred10 Program. We invite you to learn more about the Shred10. Ask the person who invited you to visit our site to learn more. Of, if you wandered here on your own, feel free to contact us and we will be glad to help you!